Thursday, December 04, 2014

Avon, Reinvented


Affordable skincare. 
My upgraded Mark Swarovski barrel pendant on C.B. Herrera crystal necklace

Our "Avon Lady" has been MIA for over 5 years now. I know her quite well.... I went to school with her kids. Up until recently, she'd make her monthly visit to my mom's house and offer up her inventory from the global beauty catalog brand. I've not missed her presence so much thanks to the new cult image Avon's going on. Have you seen?

The brand has always been known for affordable beauty basics. And aren't we all familiar with mom and abuela's vintage jewelry -- like the classic owl pill case/brooch -- they kept so well maintained in their original packaging? I have the owl in my robust pin collection. No lie. I've not worn that little guy in forever, but I may allow him to make a cameo.

It's now 2014 and their presence is just as strong if not bolder. Their jewelry now has a name "Mark," appealing to young, sassy women looking for trendy pieces at affordable prices. Who knows... those pieces may be our daughters' coveted collectibles in 20 years. I'm not into trendy trends, so I found a way around their super cute Swarovski barrel from their late Summer collection. I took full advantage of my mom's jewelry studio and made a dainty graduated Swarovski necklace to swap for that lanky chain it came with. It's dressier, classier, but distinguishably Mark. For $50, I have a stunning piece I can wear with most anything.

For beauty enthusiasts wanting to be in the know of all things new and fabulous, their Anew Vitale skincare collection is designed to refresh and revive our skin. I've not tried it out yet but it's received some commendable reviews, especially for daily cleansing and eye depuffing (I'm still looking for the magic cream for dark circles -- though an increase in water intake has helped). My favorite though, remains to be their Skin So Soft body oil (I still have vintage bottles) and their new Haiku perfume which I wore most of late summer. It's the perfect scent for simple every day use. It's not what you want to wear on your first date or a black tie gala -- I'm more for classic scents like Jo Malone (hello, Basil) or Chanel, for those occasions -- but it's so pretty for a bit of dabbing in the morning or Sunday brunch with the girls.

And their lipsticks. Let's talk about that. I won't lie here. I keep one in my car drivers' door pocket. and swear by that tube. It's the perfect color (raisin or something like that) for when I forget my makeup bag -- which happens more often than I care  --- since my two "don't leave home without" prods are gloss/lipstick and mascara. And, unlike most brands claiming to stay on all day, I've had super fab success with their tints having enough pigmentation and strength to stay on at least 5 hours. Coffee and all.

Since their brand is pretty much all things feminine and basic necessity (with some fashion thrown in there), they've got something for vegan lovers and budget conscious. Their latest tote is a carry all suited for all the holiday and Christmas shopping we're doing. Compartments were the best thing invented in handbags. Lost keys and cell phones during an already stressed shopping environment is enough to make me stop for coffee ... in the mall... and who has time for that?!

Avon, reinvented. Gotta love classic all American brands that support small biz owners. Give your local Avon Lady a call and bring her some sales this holiday! There's something for everyone. I'm sure of it!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE VINTAGE AVON PRODUCT?!

I love this little guy...via Etsy!


Follow the sexy fun on TWITTER FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena