Friday, May 04, 2012

Hats, Hats, Hats Off to the Kentucky Derby

Kim Kardashian, Leanne Rimes & Amanda Lambert 

Adrian Grenier & Isabel Lucas at the 134th Derby

Kris & Kim Kardashian

Nicole Richie in a lemony yellow suit and cloche

The Kentucky Derby!

If you read my food blog today, then you know I'm obsessed with the Derby and have been daydreaming about going ever since I learned that hats and over-the-top, take-a-2nd-look toppers take center stage. What the what?? Hats galore! Yes, please. Over and over again.

Oh, and you hopefully sipped -- virtually -- the mint julep I made.

But, since I'm still not positioned to afford the real ticket I want for this years race, now in its 138th season, I  will just watch -- again-- in amazement and drool over the fashions.

These celebs, probably having no knowledge or interest in the actual race, have graced Churchill Grounds in years past, rocking these ensembles -- some fabulous, some disastrous -- a la Princess Eugenie at her cousin's Royal Wedding last spring.

When I DO go, I'm trusting that I'll have a hat commissioned by non other than Philip Treacy -- the master of the most fabulous, decadent and fanciful hat. Because I'd attend in no other fashion :)  I'll just budget that into the pocket-burning expenses involved with frolicking among the Who's Who!

If a dream maker were to visit me with a last minute ticket, leaving me no time to shop, I'd probably wear this one, originally shared here with a lovely vintage yellow lace and eyelet dress I've yet to wear.



What do you think!?!  Isn't it just pure lush! Drool.

Happy weekend, sassy friends! xo.

*images c/o of US Weekly, FanPop, Zimbio, SportsBetting

Follow me on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE +





Follow B So Chic!™ Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!)



3 comments:

CJ - Food Stories said...

Oh, man ... I would totally choose that black hat, as well ... so classy!

Kathleen said...

I'm attending a Kentucky Derby party today! These are wonderful hats.

kenda said...

i don't usually wear hats, but i totally want to go hat-watching at the derby. some of those hats are awesome.

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena