Thursday, May 08, 2014

B! Inspired Mother's and Spring Issue Plus Luxe Gift Guide for The Mami


What have you been up to these past two-three weeks? I've mis you all though I wrote something on the best foundations and powders last week. But, life got a hold of me, with new projects, clients, TV work and the list goes on that I've not had a had a chance to come back on here to chit chat.

So I thought my 10 day break should be pretty epic with announcing my new lifestyle magazine, 'B! Inspired'. It's my baby, though online for now, something I've been wanting to do for a long time but could't figure out how it was all going to work out. I started small, only doing luxe gift guides for Christmas and Valentine's; and those were great! But I had to take time to line up the way the magazine is going to be going forward.



This May/June issue is a soft launch. It's not as pimped out as a standard full-length feature online magazine, but so elated it's more than just a gift guide, including some fashion trends, travel stories, inspirational stories of mother/daughter relationship, and more.  I'm particularly fond of this issue because it's an homage to Mothers. I have a lovely affair with my mother, and since her birthday is this Saturday, timing couldn't be better! We had such a great time shooting the cover!

The most intense part of putting this issue together was the luxe gift guide. I should be an expert at it by now, but so much goes into it! I personally try and review every product I feature so that you as my faithful reader and support know how good (or not) something really is. I want you to have an honest and real review of something you may be considering. Plus, it's always better when a friend recommends something, right?!

There were so many things I wanted to include in the issue but I had a great time editing down to right under 35.

Of all the things I think would be make great gifts, the L'Occitane lavender spa gift set had me swooning... I may gift it to my mother, but I swear it's pure lush. I'm trying to get to their labs in Provence and experience them for myself! Let's see show I can make that happen! And if you're into perfume, you have to see how you can convince yourself your mother or the diva mother in your life deserves the Krigler 12 Parfum. I think my review is helpful, but you really have to try it for yourself to know how seriously fabulous it is. It's sexy. It's fancy. It's so right for her.

The camera! Such a key product in my life! I photograph everything; it's my way of curating my life. The new Nikon coolpix make my traveling so much easier since it's smaller and lighter than my big deal DSLR I normally take. I will say, the only thing I don't like is the double A battery thing. What's up with that?! It's 2014, Nikon!

And those Nikes....well, I'll only say that those are my house slippers. They're everything you want in an errand-running shoe, even for brisk walks. They literally fit like a glove! I'm now sweating for a pink colored pair I laid my eyes on.

I hope you flip through the whole issue and enjoy the gift guide! There's definitely something for every fabulous mother you know! And there's still time to scoop something up!

Happy Mother's Day to you lovely ladies!

Stay chic!

Follow the sexy & delicious fun on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena