Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tangerines & Fedoras on Day 2 at Fashion Week










My friends at Artistry beauty invited me to NY to attend a few runway shows, among them the J. Mendel show, which I'll recap later, but in the meantime, this is what I wore to the packed out auditorium. I decided to channel my clairvoyant spirit and wear a tangerine dress. Sure enough, the show was replete with flowy gowns and ensembles in the same hue. I had no idea the color was the star in their collection. I fit right in. Only this dress is not the most flattering. But, for a mere $13 at Macy's (80% off summer sale), I'm not complaining. And I love the pockets. The texture and weigh are great and the craftsmanship is lovely; just not the best cut for my body type. 

Thankfully the fedora, which is my favorite summer one and my new, braided handle bag (and I wish you could see the dramatic tassel) were my highlights! Love this new bag! It's small in capacity with a buttery leather but definitely makes a statement. I defaulted to my classic "go-with-everything" strappy pumps by L.A.M.B. 

Another fashion blogger friend and I enjoyed the show so much, we decided to put on a little show for onlookers leaving the Lincoln Center. This is what we captured! Thankfully, it was a stunning in Manhattan. Everything about that day was perfect. 


Wearing:

Dress: Rachel Roy
Hat: Makins
Shoes: L.A.M.B
Purse: Cynthia Rowley
Earrings: Vintage
Bracelets: J.Crew
Cuffs: vintage and Max Azria
Rings: Max Azria
Sunglasses: Rayban

*MUA Edward Cruz with Artistry


Won't you follow and share on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


Follow B So Chic!™ Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!)

7 comments:

Mercedes LaGuardia said...

Me encanta el color y el gorro. Y claro, los shoes estan super sexy!

Ericka said...

In love with your dress and nail polish!

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

Bren, you are a serious tangerine dream! what a stunning outfit and i am just soaking in that sunshine from my grey, rainy standpoint here at home. beautiful stuff! looks like some kinda blast, no wonder you've got that gorgeous smile going strong. ♥

AutismWonderland said...

I love the whole look - you really make anything work Bren!!

Natalia Carter said...

You look stunning!

Adult Onesies Aus said...

Oh the boots and the hat, they are just so excellent. I love how she modeled those things and it really became something of a beauty. Thank you so much for the share. Your ideas about fashion are so unique and it's just a huge opportunity to be able to continually read your blog.

Adult Onesies Aus said...

Oh the boots and the hat, they are just so excellent. I love how she modeled those things and it really became something of a beauty. Thank you so much for the share. Your ideas about fashion are so unique and it's just a huge opportunity to be able to continually read your blog.

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena