Friday, October 26, 2012

TRESemme Dolls Me Up For Falguni & Peacock Spring 13 Show & Tyson Beckford Loves My Dress

The beginning of being glammed up

Chusmeria amongst Cubanas

Via Instagram

At another suite trying out colors

On way to show with another fab blogger

Tyson Beckford and moi. Ooh La La! 

Prods



Space at Lincoln Center

Tracey Reese being interviewed in MUH

At the Tracey Reese show

The fiery MUA's and hair people at TRESemme sent me last minute invitation to the Fulgani & Shane Peacock Spring 13 fashion show which I mentioned in my last post. All was pretty fabulous. I met and interviewed Paris Hilton and saw a few other stalked figures. 

But, before I got to the Lincoln Center, I got the chance to get dolled up in one of their beauty suites at the chic Empire Hotel. I had just come in from DC, rocking some jeans, a tee and my fave chucks. I  made it upstairs, hopped in the shower and threw on my new lace dress from LA-based designer Savannah Rae. It was from their summer collection but since I was in transition moving from Atlanta to DC, I hadn't found the right occasion to wear it. Sept. 11th was it. It was light, easy pack and simply designed to accessorize any way you're feeling it needs to be styled. I went for a bold owl necklace by Kenneth Jay Lane and some fun ovalized earrings from Target. Two big cocktail rings and that was it. 

TRESemme hairstylist Marco Pena whipped my hair into a vintage beehive "thing"... got lots of compliments on it but I should have been paying attention to what he did. I was too caught up talking about the other shows. I do remember him using some dry shampoo for volume. When I tell you he was done in 10 minutes, I tell no lie. I loved it. Celeb MUA and fiesty Cubana Aileen Quintana did my face in less time. She opted for a smokey eye even though it was day time. The contrast with the soft dress and dramatic hair worked lovely. 

On the way out, my blogging friend Helen Tronosco bumped into Kimora Lee Simmons. That chic is taller than anything I've seen in a woman. Helen and I hopped across the street and hung in the main lobby where the action was standard. TRESemme had a lounge set up there as well. I didn't swing in, but noticed some ladies getting touched up. Since they sponsored a lot of the shows, they're space was lush and ample. 

I hit the hotel before heading back to the DC (crazy two day turn around -- came back up the next morning for this) and had the sexy pleasure of meeting Tyson Beckford. Never have my eyes laid on a finer man. He offered up the best compliments on both my dress, shoes and over all pretty look. For the quickest moment, I felt like we belonged together. You know how some things just feel right?! ;) The pic of us shows the detail of the dress the best and it just happens to be his fineness. 

Of the shows they did, the looks at Tracey Reese and Joanna Mastroianni, were my favorite. I love the hard buns and beehives at Mastroianni and the more natural, twisty look at Reese. 

Funny how things happen. I never in a million years thought I'd get to know anyone at TRESemme, let alone get a personal invitation to a fabulous show. I've been using their products since I was in college. They've always been good to my curls. Right now though, I'm loving their split remedy collection. This hair color is giving my locks a run for their money! 

Wearing:

Dress: c/o Savannah Rae
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Necklace: Kenneth Jay Lane
Earrings: via Target
Sunnies: Gucci
Rings: Lucky Brand and Loehmannn's
Nail color: Blue Rhapsody by Essie

Won't you follow and share on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


**If you missed it, see my vid interview with Paris Hilton in the post right below**



Follow B So Chic!™ Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!)


4 comments:

Bohemian Babushka said...

Site is nice and cleaned up, looking good. Y speaking of looking good.. Mr. Tyson- mujer I KNOW good Cubanita that you are, you have that pic in your wallet and as an 8 x 10 next to your cama. Oh my. ; )

Enjoyed the post, seeing you and Helen, and hearing about the craziness. BB2U

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You looked beautiful, I love the dress!! Mr. Beckford, my my my!!! :-)




Carsedra of:

http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

what a great experience!!! Nice make up!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena