Sunday, April 05, 2015

{Beauty Bloom} Spring's Must-Haves: The Sunday Ed.



DKNY Be Delicious Parfum 

This is still around. O, yes it is! I started wearing this the minute it hit the market some 18 year ago! Loved it. It was my eery day, flirty scent. Everyone knew it was my fave perfume at the time so my bestie would always gift me a new bottle when I'd run out. Yes,  I used to wear it that religiously. And then I fated out as newer, sexier, more adult perfumes started coming out. But it's back! And my goodness it's so perfectly suited for where I am in my life: coquettish, fresh, springy and just happy. It has lovely notes of citrus and crisp apple. What's not to love about a perfume that's been able to stay around for two decades. And, I hear it's the number one choice of scents among Latinas, 18-35. Who.Knew.

MICHAEL KORS Sporty Citrus

This is for the flirty but more mature woman... Its' like that. Just so sexy. So fresh and so clean. It's like cotton candy meets blood orange meets lemon meets bergamot. It's just good. I now just need some shower gel, body soufflé, and talc to complete the stash. That kind of layering really takes it all up a notch. Or two. This, new from Michael Kors.


LAURA MERCIER Golden Honey Musk Soufflé Body Cream and Honey Bath 

I featured this in the B! Inspired Luxe Holiday Gift Guide issue but it's so good it needs a bit more attention. I've been using it for a few months now, and thought it debuted last year, it's that one duo that won't ever go out of trend or season. It's perfect forever. The bath is the answer to a long day of hustling around the city. Or, the inviting way to start a crazy day. It's ultra creamy and luscious. And in honey musk, no less. A bit of sweet paired with strength. And the soufflé is a perfect way to finish off the bath experience. Soulfés are so sensual and wonderfully inducing into that place of sheer bliss. It's relaxing. Its pampering.


L'OCCITANE Shea Butter Collection 

Why hadn't they come out with this sooner?! I mean, really? Every woman I know loves anything and everything shea butter. But when a fine Provence, France house makes it, you know it's bona fide amazing. Start with the cleansing milk, move on to the oil (you'll loosen up all those tense parts), and finish off with the cream. Apply the cream very generously on your hands and feet. You'll want to keep this replenished.


PINKS, NUDES, AND PASTELS 

Clinique's Nutcracker Suite collection which debuted in November is a gem. It's a few months old but  it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it's ultra pretty colors. In fact, today would have been a great day to pull out this soft but vibrant Act II palette. The purple is bold but neutralized with the off white. Try it. Urban Decay's super famous "NAKED" palette's Flushed bar is what you want every day. It's not fussy, complicated or too glammy. It's what you'll go to for bronzing and highlighting your beautiful cheekbones. It has blush, too so there you go. All-in-one.  If you follow me mourned social and on my blogs, you can probably guess my favorite makeup for the its cost and true effectiveness, is L'Oreal. I've never ever gone wrong with any of their products. Well, I can think of one... can't even remember it, it was such a fail. But between their True Match line and mascara, I always feel great about my look, not matter how light I go. Their new Brow Stylish Designer pencil in Blond is idea for light brunettes or someone like myself with thinner brows needing some filling in. The applies like soft gold and lasts a long time. Fret not, girls! Eyebrows don't have to be full anymore. I have a few more to test out for you... stay tuned. 

Bobbi Brown makeup never fails. Her lip colors are the business. But every now and then she'll do a brick that does me well. Her latest brightening brick is in my travel makeup case. It does a bit more than the Urban Decay bar does, and travels much lighter. It's compact. Has pretty colors, great shimmer and will add some glow when the sun's not all the way out. 

Use the Shiseido blush brush for all of your blush and illuminating applications. I'v not used such a soft and free from flaking brush since Estée's collection from about 2 years ago. I love the flow of this handle - - super light. And it comes in a cute plastic casing to keep clean. I wish all makeup companies would do that. 

And, I don't think it's out in the market yet, but I'm screaming over Shea Moisture's haute magenta lip gloss, aptly called "Envy." It has a gorgeous iridescent layer that'll make you say "prune" more often than you will ever care to admit practicing. It's sexy. 


Spring has finally sprung! We've all heard that before. But with temperatures still hovering in the 50s, at least here in DC, and even a bit chillier in NY, I'm still wearing some of coats and layering up. I'm begging to enamor myself with some luscious beauty offerings that will inarguably invoke sleeveless tanks, floral aromas in the house, citrusy, flirty eyes, and seductive skin.

And, today was Easter Sunday. Today was a day of reflection, relaxation, family time, friendly time, good eating, and gorgeous wardrobing. Today is when most people will pull out their "Sunday's Best" for church or brunch. I don't celebrate Easter as the rest of the Christian world does, rather Passover. I won't get into the historical references of Easter vs. Passover, but I've always loved the dressing up part on Saturdays for church. My mother took great care in dressing my sister and me in very like fashion. Most of our fancier clothes were handmade by my grandmother and quite a few by my mom herself. Those were the day! Couture lifestyle at an early age. And it was great!

In getting dressed, my mom always taught us the importance of being and staying pretty. It was never about makeup as she never allowed me to wear any at all (I wish I would have taken heed once I was of age!), but about maintaining and treating ourselves like dolls and queens. She used the best products, mostly Clinique (the vintage stuff is amazing!) and Estée Lauder. Older brands like Cody and Mirta de Perales (and pretty much anything out of Burdines) were part of her daily routine.

Her beauty regimen has been the basis for my lust and love for all things beautiful and luxurious.

Since spring is clearly still hiding, here are some lovely products to get you started on feeling fresh and beautiful. Some are new. Some are cult classics. Some are every day. Some are special for a "just because" day. All are perfect for ushering you into warmer weather and a sexier you!

Here are few I'm completely loving on right now. They are giving me that good, good feeling of flirty, womanly and definitely bring about new seasonal changes. I'll have tons more to share with you as I test, dibble and dab in some of Spring's best in makeup and beauty!

Follow the sexy fun on TWITTER FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE +  



0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena