Friday, April 18, 2014

Radiant Orchid: The Color of the Year
















“This season, consumers are looking for a state of thoughtful, emotional and artistic equilibrium. While this need for stability is reflected in the composition of the palette, the inherent versatility of the individual colors allows for experimentation with new looks and color combinations.”
~ Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute
Not quite 'Radiant Orchid,' but a pink hue within the palette. My neighbor's weeping cherry blossom. Via my Instagram
L'Oreal's 'Violet Vixen' at home mani c/o Sunsweet.  See more my Instragram.
Love, love the global, eclectic sexy vibe to this room. 

These are the things about the fashion industry I love. It has a voice that dictates so much of how consumers behave. Not sure if I'm really for that kind of subliminal power, but here I am highlighting the lovely color of the year: Radiant Orchid. Though it's mid-April, it's never too late to enjoy elements made up in the beautiful hue. 
It also just so happens that orchids are one of my top 3 favorite flowers ever. There's something extremely evocative about them. If I had a huge, lavish bathroom, it'd be laced in orchids of all color, mostly white and yellow-hued ones, interwoven with this pretty purple color. 
Of all the beauty and fashion products out this year and coated in this purplish, pinkish, color, I found a select few I'm particularly loving. I've tried most, lusting some, and just think I need to own it, no matter how impractical --- like the purple KitchenAid mixer. While every single cook (like myself) is required to own of these babies, this gorgeous purple one just doesn't go with anything in my kitchen. But isn't it sweet?! 
But those plush velvet vintage like lounge chairs in that color have me swooning. I love, love them. I envision an even bigger dressing room where I can cuddle in one of them, reading a good book after a taxing week of work. 
So on to the goodies I've tried.
Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvintating Elixir is everything you need for a short term treatment to damaged hair. While I'm still using 100% natural products during my journey to full restructure, this is perfect for when I travel. It's a bit thicker than an oil based elixir, but it penetrates the scalp pretty well. It's meant to strengthen and combat 8 visible signs of aging hair. I'm not quite at that stage yet, but it's good to be ready. The bottle's color fits the Pantone palette. Don't worry-- it's not the actual elixir. 
Lancome's Rouge in Love matte lipstick is my latest lip color obsession. I recently featured it in this post, but this 'Violet Valentine' color is right in the middle of orchid hue. It'll stay on about 6 hours. It's that perfect. Don't dab clear lip gloss on it. You want that strong matte effect to do its job!
Lieber Moment 214 is the latest scent by luxe scent house Krigler. With its lavender notes, this luxurious perfume is for the discerning woman that just knows what attracts anyone around her. She's confident and bold, yet graceful and gentle. Find it in NY and online. It's that exclusive.

Nails Inc., London has just launched a gel line! Yes! I hate getting a gel manicure done because I just don't like sitting there for so long. With these new bottles, you can do it a home and still have the same effect. And of course, they'd be out of the loop if they didn't come out with a color for the year. Their 'Summer Lilac' from the Lexington Gardens line is really pretty. And it's matte.

Laura Mercier's caviar stik in 'Orchid' is the softest thing I've applied on my eyes since Estée Lauder's creme shadows from two years ago. It's so easy to use and carry around. Light shimmer makes it perfect for evening, too, though the color is really soft.


Follow the sexy & delicious fun on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 



In collage: Dress by Colin Cowie Weddings; Hunter violet boots via Hunter website.
Other images: Interior design originally found on Pinterest; purple KitchenAid originally found on Zullily.



0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena