Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Tracy Reese Spring 2012 RTW & An Art Tribute to Romare Bearden














This post is not a cliché.  Trust me. Yes, it's Black History Month and yes, Tracy Reese is a black designer. But, the two have no correlation. It was pure irony. It all happened to seamlessly.  

As I'm scouring the pages of fashion magazines to find a Spring look that incorporated some shi-shi French vibes, some en mode lace details and truly wearable frocks, I came across Ms. Reese's collection. Perfect. I quickly looked through the runway show and instantly saw looks I would rock. White, lace, parasols (b/c if you know me you know I'm obsessed, though just slightly, with umbrellas), stripes, and hats! 

The collection had all the details I have note-booked to style this Spring (maybe earlier if this weather keeps steady in the high 60s). 

I'm especially in love with the 6th look above. The color palette, the silky textures, the wide-legged pant, the wide stripes and the linen hat. Stunning. So me. So chic. 

In honor of this veteran designer, whom I think falls way under the radar among the major fashion talking heads, I'm going to recreate that same look for an event celebrating art and music I've been invited to this week. 

Attending a dedicated event to the artwork of Romare Bearden, an artist of prolific vision capturing black life, and subsequent pieces and music inspired by said art work, only calls for a fashionable ensemble. 

If you're in Atlanta, come join me in your cutest look this Thursday, Feb. 9th, for an evening of tweeting, toasting and celebrating a centennial of Bearden's life! It's destined to be fashionable and artsy, a lovely pairing for you to appreciate and enjoy. 

Xo-



Follow me on Twitter and Facebook. ;) 


Follow B So Chic!™ Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!)

11 comments:

Michele R. said...

I don't think I've ever heard of her, but the styling is nice. I love the white pant suit. And, enjoy that art event. Sounds fantastic.

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm a big fan of stripes. I'm partial to the first look and the striped dress.

Itzel Yagual said...

I love the hats! The dresses are so elegant! Accessories add so much sass and attitude! Love it!

vianney said...

loving the aqua top!!

Chrystal said...

The gray dress and the olive one shoulder piece are the business. Find them in my size and send them this way!

Natalia Carter said...

Loving the collection! My favorite pic#1 and #4

Bren @ B So Chic!™ said...

I love the diversity in interest of the collection! I'll have to let you all know how the event goes tonight! I'm looking forward to seeing artwork and inspirations drawn from it... and of course what I wear!

Cristina-Colombiana en CA said...

Beautiful collection! The first outfit is just adorable!

Sujeiry said...

Love number 6, 7, 8, 9...I can go on and on! The one that speaks to me is definitely the piece with the black skirt and gray/blue/black top. It's very me. If I were taller I'd rock number 6 and the 7. That white look is so amazing. But, when I wear long threads, it looks like I'm wearing pajamas ;-/

Viviana Hurtado/The Wise Latina Club said...

I also love the elegance and freshness of Reese's looks. Her lines are clean and her fabrics drape beautifully. What an eye, what talent!

Kathleen said...

I like the seventh look. The white dress and hat match perfectly!

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena