Thursday, October 20, 2011

Minnie Mouse, Purple & Red

my friend RL, former lead singer of R&B group "NEXT"

Colleague, friend & producer at  NBC-11 Alive (Atlanta)

Waiting. 



The shoe I was wearing, though in brown

I haven't had a nil moment to post about my street, daily looks... Life is moving along in a great direction, leaving little time to even to stop and be photographed in detail. Unless of course it's a planned and work-related photo shoot. 

Of course, that doesn't mean that when a camera man is around, I jump at getting a pic or two, especially if the outfit is cute. 

I've been in and out of the music industry for about 7 years now and an opportunity to be back in the scene gets me giddy. I miss the days of touring overseas, singing on international stages, hopping on the bus and driving half a day to our next venue... 

So when I got an invite to the premiere party for former group artists, now gone solo, I was all in it. However, I was attending a new apparel line launch a few hours prior and dressed for that occasion, not a swanky, somewhat B-list star studded music event. It worked out that I was dressed in part for the latter. Actually, after looking at the pics, I love how the lighting of the club venue went uber well with my ensemble! Surely, if it were the only event I were going to, I would have opted for something more evening appropriate, but I was comfy and that's all that mattered. Plus, my Minnie Mouse shirt just caused so attention and I felt like I was a brown version of Carrie Bradshaw (b/c we all do remember her Micky Mouse shirt!) 

Sometimes, it's just about that [comfort] and nothing else. I wasn't even at the premiere long enough to see the artist... but that's how things go at these industry events. The artist always, always makes a fashionably late appearance!


Vintage blazer; Minni Mouse shirt from H & M; Cynthia Rowley skirt; L.A.M.B pumps; Swarovski arm candy and earrings from C.B. Herrera Jewelry; Vernier watch; 




Follow me on Twitter and Facebook! :)

Follow B So Chic!™ Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you look fabulous!! I'm not a Industry Insider so I don't know what is or isn't appropriate attire for such an event, but I like it!! I especially love the shirt and shoes!!



Carsedra of:

http://embracingtherealme.blogspot.com/


http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You have such a great sense of style! I love the vibrant purple blazer :)

Michele R. said...

Love the shirt and the skirt, Bren...super cute. I could never pull that off! And, certainly, I'm not in the music industry, but how cool that you sang in Europe! I want to see pics of that!

If Curves Could Talk (Stefanie) said...

You have style galore!!

Jessofiasays said...

I love the shoes! I so wish I could wear them! Looking good chica!

Unknown said...

Que cute!!! Love it! The top is so cute and the shoes are awesome. I have a similar pair and I just love them.
Best,
Li

Leslie Harris said...

I think you look gorgeous! I especially love the shoes. :)

I too am curious to hear more about your touring in Europe. (Future blog post maybe?)

Unknown said...

thanks, ladies. it was a fun night, altogether.... i would have worn darker, eve wear, but it all worked out....

and, Leslie, I just might do a post sharing the tour experience in Europe. It's hands down one of the most memorable times of my life. i'll be back there, soon! :)

Morena said...

You sure know how to work that purple girl! Not an easy color to wear. You would fit in perfectly in Peru right now, as it's "purple month".

Elekon said...

purple look fantastic on you! killer shoes too!

Plami said...

OMG I need those shoes in my life!

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena