Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Having a Couturier...


Carl Erickson
SCHIAPARELLI 1948
Vogue Conde Nast Archives

Green is one of my favorite colors and this 40s striped dress is classically pretty.

Oscar de la Renta, Spring 2013

The color! And tealength!

Love the emerald silk taffeta 
My favorite skirt ever! Worn on a date in NY.
I'm avid skirt and dress lover. I can not have enough. From glamour, vintage, to every day and sundresses, they're just a beautiful quintessential staple in any girls' closet. They're so simple to wear and easily glam up a look that could be every day.  I have over 40 skirts in my current wardrobe, most of them full, knee-length, with a good amount of pencil and maxi, which I picked up an obsession with a few summers ago. 

In perusing Pinterest, I found these lovely skirt and dress options which I'm now coveting in a major way and decided I need them in my wardrobe. Thankfully, I have a personal seamstress who just happens to live two walking blocks away. It's meant to be, right?! A seamstress I can walk to?!  Natalia is a former Navy uniform maker, turned private couturier, as I like to refer to her.  I feel like I have my own custom clothes maker -- what a dream!  I'm determined to keep her in business, and although until now she's only done alterations, she has these lovely silhouettes in her 'Bren' stash to make for me.  One is almost done, while the others are being tweaked for pattern, color choicee, and my own spin. 

I'm particularly excited about the full length Tartan ruffled and gathered dress; a vintage sketch by Carl Erickson for Vogue, circa 1948. Very much a Carolina Herrera-esque (I'm digging for a familial relationship here!) appeal to it I think could walk the red carpet today. 

But my recent obsession is tea length  but I'm curating some lovely looks now for a special post I'm working on. For now, get excited with me... I have a couturier about to give new life to my wardrobe! If only I could have everything I dream of, custom made for me! 

You know I'll be back to flaunt them when they're all done! I just can not wait. 

Have you had anything custom made for you after seeing a phenomenal piece? Show us! 

Follow the sexy fun on TWITTER FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 

0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena