Thursday, September 05, 2013

{Beauty Bloom} Best Pressed, Bronzing & Light Powders for Fall




Estée Lauder's Translucent Powder.


I'm obsessed with pressed powder. It's my beautifying saving grace. Then mascara. I'm always on the hunt for solid powders that offer amazing coverage without creating an awfully caked up look. If I can get away from wearing foundation unless I'm on TV, then that powder is the one for me.

In my in-counter experience over the last few weeks, I've been testing some new ones out so I can give my good old faithful, Clinique's Stay Matte a break (though seriously... that stuff is great!), I found these three to really work well for me for different reasons.

SHISEIDO SUN PROTECTION SPF 35

Not only is the lemon yellow packing pretty and comes in three designs, but the light foundation offers the most perfect even coverage which gives your skin a flawless glow! It's perfectly blended with a high percentage of sun blockage which makes this vibrant compact ideal for end of summer and fall application.  Use this and don't bother with liquid foundation OR powder. I need a big bucket of this for the rest of the year.

ESTÉE LAUDER AFTER HOURS LUCIDITY TRANSLUCENT 

Don't mind the demure and classy enamel casing... mind the ease and easy access to touching up while at dinner with your beau. You've already applied your makeup and just need to do a bit of dabbing to clear the oily spots or highlight your cheeks. Use a regular blush brush though it comes with small puff... Also comes in a small velvet pouch for dainty carrying.

BOBBI BROWN ILLUMINATING BRONZING POWDER

 Fall is literally a week or two away and those sexy tans are fading. Our complexing will revert to its normal tone  in no time and we'll all be begging for some extra color. I found this bronzing powder in 'Aruba' and slathered it all over to make sure it was my default for weekends! It's the perfect color for someone my complexion, giving me a natural look and not like I was tanning. It's gorgeous. Shimmer, great color and a great size make this bronzing powder a fabulous alternative to every day toned powder. This comes in various colors and now I wish I would have gotten the 'Santa Barabara' color! It's so luscious.


Santa Barbara color.... image c/o Bobbi Brown


So see, there's something for all of us! We loved the idea of going light or even makeup free all summer but it's now time to cover up some of those sun damages (hopefully not much at all) and imperfections from the hot elements!

All on counters right now... and under $40.

What are you looking for in pressed powders? Any favorites you've come across? 



Follow the sexy fun on TWITTER FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 

0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena