Thursday, September 11, 2014

From NY to Miami to the Keys and Back! It’s a Travel Life…#SummerBliss



View from my room in the Keys via my Instagram
Sunset yatch ride in Florida Keys 
Ride and view to Sunset Key Westin 
John Koons art installation at 30 Rock
Coconut trees in Miami
Swinging tire for the kids!
Cancun was in the mix earlier this year, too. I went down there in May to attend their food and wine festival, which was wonderfully replete with food from all over the world. Wines galore, desserts to make you gasp and fantastic beach weather. It was the best 5 days of being disconnected. Kind of.

But I had to postpone my other travel plans for later in the Spring and early Summer, most which were out of the country, because of some awesome work that came up. And most of that work involved travel…still does.

With summer in full swing, I went to The Florida Keys which proved to be an insanely sultry 5 days of sunset beach dinners starting in Isla Morada and a perfeculy sexy al fresco lunch at Little Palm Island --  Cuban fusion food, gourmet ceviche and key lime pies to die for. It was all so perfect. But the kicker was our final night dinner at The Westin Hotel Sunset Key. Take a look at this view as weboarded the yatch ferry that took us over to the remote island... and tell me if not everything! So dreamy. So romantic. So summer!

And just when I thought my summer travel was coming to sad halt, I got an invitation to NY to do this. I was only there 30 hours but was able to snap some fun pictures of John Koons art installation at Rock Center --- where art, news, history, and entertainment collide.

Though I flew up, I drove back with my parents to make their trip easier. And, my oh my. What was supposed to be simple 3.5-hour drive back to DC, turned into a grueling, musty 6 hr traffic jam with a single stop for café. And as it would go, my iPhone crashed on all social media sites because of the love I was getting for that special visit. You can read about it here. And this is where my friends at OnStar would have come in handy! Most of GM's 2015 portfolio comes equipped with 4g LTE connectivity, which would have subsided my face-planting frustration with not being able to connect to FB and Twitter. Or better yet, asking one of their super-efficient virtual operators how to get out of the hot mess we were in.

And so now that I’m in Miami hanging with my brother, for the second time in 2 weeks, I’m taking in as much as I can of what’s left this summer! There’s so much to do! The beach, some canoeing, some jet skiing, and camping! No matter what I’m doing, it’s great to be able to share my haps with you via social media. And though it’s nice to get away from the madness of life, you know our friends like to see what we’re up to! If you have OnStar, you can enjoy your break but not leave your friends in the dark! Let them live vicariously through your fabulous jaunts!

I’m not done traveling yet, though! I’m now in Mexico where I’ll really be able to enjoy some sun while chilling on the beach under an umbrella, rocking a big fabulous hat and sipping on piña coladas.

And for certain, before summer’s out, becuse we only have 9 days left,  I’m headed to Harper’s Ferry, WV. It’s the easiest road trip ever; 2 hours; great white water rafting, fishing, some camping, thrift shopping and always a good history lesson. The views from the mountains are spectacular and bring tremendous peace. I can’t wait! That’ll be about the only road trip I take this summer.

Join in the fun with OnStar this remainder of summer! Share your road trip pics from wherever you are! Anyone of their cars has the technology and you can easily tease your fam and friends back home! Show them that perfect 11-pound fish you caught! Or that perfcct tan line you’re working on! Tag your pics #WhereintheUSA and @OnStar on Instagram for a chance to be featured on their site. They're loving how we're all spending our summer by catching pics with the tag. People nationwide are doing it up! 

I’ll show you my road trip ventures if you show me yours! For now, these are some the views I've enjoyed this summer so far; from Miami, to the Keys, to Manhattan and back. Now through the weekend, it's Playa del Carmen!

Follow the sexy & delicious fun on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 




This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms blogging program as an OnStar travel ambassador. The opinions and stories are true and my very own, always. Keeping it real!  

0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena