Monday, June 09, 2014

B So Chic! On the Tube Talking Summer Fashion, Makeup, & Beauty Trends

    

Happy Monday, lovelies! I've been a bit MIA these past 2 weeks insanely busy with several projects with my culinary work and writing assignments. But the most fun has been been prepping for travel to Tampa, Fl to appear on a few segments on ABC Action News --- my fave outlet to appear on these days! They are the nicest people ever. I was invited my my sweet, sweet friend and Emmy-winning journalist Lissette, to talk food and fashion (with a dose of travel) --two of my loves. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to sit down and chat about the things that make my world come full circle... there's one element missing which I'll get to one day. For now, this is ALL of what I love to do and share with you!

This fashion and beauty segment was incredibly fun putting together from DC! My life is all about doing things under pressure. Piecing looks, details, and identifying what works in that market -- the largest in all of Florida-- all the way from here was no walk in the park. I needed everything from pulling looks the day before (thanks Nordstrom!), to local models, both of whom I found via some friendly recommendations on FB and worked out so seamlessly! Can you imagine not ever having worked with someone, knowing they've not ever done TV, but trusting they wouldn't be caught in headlights once the cameras went green. Both chicas were great. Thank.God. I won't lie. I was a slither nervous.

So this past Friday,  Lissette and I talked summer trends in fashion, especially lace, which I'm all and just love! And some of my favorite products in makeup and beauty. I didn't get to specifically touch on Smashbox's kohl "always sharp" eyeliner. Love that stuff! No fuss liner that sharpens every time you screw the top off! Genius! And the navy is to luscious. And if you're looking for a fun lip balm, check out Lancome's 'Baume in Love' sheer tinted lip balm in Coral Electric. But if you really want to add some serious "yes, please!" factor to your makeup bag, my go-to gloss is Artistry Beauty's lighted gloss in Passion! That stuff right there is the genius. It's the gift of love for all your girlfriends. And their pencil liner which will forever more be my favorite, hands down. I had them laid out, but everything moves so fast it's impossible to get to all the goodies!

Enjoy the segment! And if you're in Tampa, tune in this Friday at 12:45 pm on ABC Action News 'Positively Tampa Bay' for my Father's Day cooking segment!



(Fitness model, Candyce Graham)


(Candyce, me, Denanlaine)

(Model Denalaine's look; Candyce and Denalaine enjoying their 1st TV appearance.)
(all images except last one c/o Rex Colby, WFTS TV- Tampa, FL)

Follow the sexy & delicious fun on 
TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 

2 comments:

Mercedes @BeChicMag said...

Love how you were able to incorporate fashion and beauty in the segment. Nice job!

Nicki said...

Love love the segment. You are really made for TV. And loving the new do. I'm the biggest fan of lace and was glad to see how you put it for a summer wardrobe.

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena