Monday, September 16, 2013

Travel Vibes: A Chic Week on Instagram

Keswick Hall

So much going on, so little time to share it all, or at least the fun part, so I've been resorting to quick Instagrams to depict the current haps. 

I took a quick two hour drive to Central Virginia where I went to college to visit an enigmatic place called Keswick Hall. Look it up! Pretty interesting piece of lush property formerly owned by Laura Ashley's ex husband, and as such, the entire boutique hotel, with only 48 suites, has a lot of LA influence. I like that my room was pretty simple in décor but still muy luxe. 

For  a three day regional trip, this is how low-key I try to keep it, though, I think there's room for more editing. 

I think I wore all the jewelry. The watch for sure and one the wood ring, one of my faves I picked up off a street cart in St. Thomas about 5 years ago.


I stuck to light makeup because it was still super hot in Charlottesville. The eyeliner was just for nighttime. I'm loving the Shiseido powder/foundation... it's everything. I first mentioned it here. 



This was my look on the the 1st day which I kept all day, even after 2 hours of driving through the countryside and a lovely al fresco dinner. 
My look via Instagram.
I couldn't help to Instagram my arm candy on the 2nd day, which I'm becoming slightly infatuated with. 


And then there's nothing like sitting at the infinity pool and actually making your faulty iPhone 4s work to take this picture of a pretty purple flower.


Or just sitting there and staring at this view. 


I even made time to catch up with some childhood family friends and enjoyed a nice dinner at the "Downtown Mall". 


And no trip could be full of awesomeness if I didn't have a shot of espresso to share with you. This triple shot cappuccino while I enjoyed my favorite newspaper... this before I went to a local farm for my first ever private horseback riding lesson... and that my friends was amazing! 



Especially because this 5 year old Western girl named Santana was so friendly and welcomed me very graciously.


And that was my week on Instagram! Now off to curate another one, though it's not going to be as exciting!

I wrote a sister post on my food blog, Flanboyant Eats, on the delish bites I had while there! Check it out.

Smooches!

Wearing:
Levi's jeans
Old Navy striped top
Theory jean jacket
Zara pumps
Marc Jacobs iPad sleeve as clutch
Varied arm candy

Follow the sexy fun on TWITTER FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 




0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena