Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sun Goddess... in the Islands



(All pictures © Bren Herrera)

Surely, the amount of travel I do should earn me a plush seat on one of these airlines. My goodness! Just as I thought I'd have some down time to actually catch up on work and make some pending things happen, I get another fabulous invite to cover a food and wine festival.

But, I won't complain at all. I've been to the St. Croix Food & Wine Experience and had the time of my life! I did nothing at all but eat great food for 6 days. I wrote a little recap in this post two years so. Since it's planted in the middle of the Caribbean, I'll be able to soak in some sun, again. I'm already missing the tan I got in Fiji (you're going to see that word a lot -- at least until I can sift through the thousands of pics and pen a few lovely posts) so a proper tan is so in order.

In prepping the right look for the steamy days visiting farms or the down days I'll have at at the beach (luckily, right at the host resort), I'm packing a bit differently from recent trips. I tend to take entirely too many toiletries (see this!), not enough shoes (only as of late) and too many hats. And I certainly go over the top and do too much with my makeup. I take pretty stuff just in case I want to do different looks but ultimately, I stick to the same exact application every morning... and not much variation in the evening.

I'm in a different mood. Fiji did me well. I'm going to St. Croix with a completely relaxed attitude. For my makeup, I've committed to exploring a true seasonal vibe with Estée Lauder's new 'Bronze Goddess' collection which debuted a few weeks ago. The colors are screaming "beach, sun, and tan!" The colors are soft with attractive shimmer and mirror the very island colors I'm about to enjoy. Warm sunset hues invite sultry evenings of joi de vivre and samba dancing, while vibrant tones complement the natural beauty of island life.

And while I'm on a catamaran to one of the intimate beaches, I'll make sure to rock the coral nail polish.  It makes for a complete collection that can't fail a perfect island-y feel.

I love every bit of the collection, especially the bronze powder full of subtle shimmer in its chic tortoise shell case, but I'm hoping my ensuing tan will be bold enough to allow me 2 weeks with nothing but mascara and gloss!


Won't you follow and share on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


* I was provided with a portion of the collection to offer this review. All opinions and expressions are my own, always. 


0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena