Wednesday, September 19, 2012

{Beauty Bloom}: Estée Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine Fall Collection is Pure Lux

L-R: Cyber Pink, Magenta, Cyber Tea, Lights Out

5 color palette



L-R: Black Iris, Purple Velvet, Viper

I dated a guy once that hated me wearing makeup. Complained ever-so-gently every time I had to get dolled up. It'd never turn into an argument, but if always left feeling so blah once we walked out the door. The night always resulted in me looking at myself the mirror and admiring even more the application I had done. Sheesh, imagine if he'd seen me on set with the falsies and all!

That experience has obviously stayed with me. I'm talking about it still. It's all for the better though. It gave me an opportunity to think about why I wear makeup and how pertinent it is for me to look my best when I'm doing appearances or even for a day when I want to feel extra special. There's something really great about someone else, especially a woman, complimenting your makeup. I get it a lot. For someone that's never learned how to do a spectacular or even trendy looks, I think I do a great job of doing my own makeup. Imagine how fun the process of getting dolled up can be when you have loads of luscious products to work with. 

Since fall is just about here, I'm already looking at all of the beauty trends and looks I'm going to incorporate into my everyday and professional looks. The Estée Lauder Fall "Pure Color Vivid Shine" collection struck a sweet chord with me when I got my hands on some of the "pieces." Tom Pechuex, creative makeup director at the house of beauty, approached the collection with a lot of vibrancy in mind. "I need vivid color. Vivid Shine is inspired by the models and women I work with in fashion" says the makeup artist. The entire collection in eyeshadows, lips and nails is full of bold colors to create a sultrydramatic and exotic look.

Every bit of what I've played with is sexy, gorgeous and sensuous. There's not a single color, shade or texture any woman can escape falling in love with. The nail lacquers, inspired by "naughty side of Paris," are pristine with a whole lot of shine and metallic bottled up in a lovely glass container. The rainbow of colors work particularly well for me for on-camera work. I've usually stuck to lighter shades since the camera is on my hands a lot, but I'm curious to see what the purple velvet (limited ed) and viper from the "pure color beyond black" line will look like! If those shades are too dark for you, though they're really en trend this season, check out the nouveau riche or chaos colors from the sister "metal mania" line of shades. 

For your eye ware, you don't want to go without the Five Color Palette in Violet Underground. This is definitely a combo for the bold and daring. The lighter shades allow you to tone it down for day and work but lots of vava-voom for creating a stunning night look. Smokey eye? You got it! Yes, that smokey eye is still in. If that's too much, the individual colors in gold casings are perfect for carrying around. The varying colors are amenable to any situation and desired appeal. My fave: Pistachio. It's buttercream on the eyes.

Can you tell I'm in love?! I don't think I've seen a silky smooth and ultra lux collection this fall yet. This is it, girls. 

In recommending a balanced, every day look using the Violet Underground palette, Tom Pecheux says this:
"With such bold colors, it is best to focus on either the lips or the eyes for a softer, everyday look. I love a nude face and eye with mascara and a simple black eyeliner, it is very pretty. You can also play it up with a dark lip or a bold eye for a sophisticated and sultry glam look. "
Can't go wrong with that tip!

The entire collection is now available in major department stores. Prices range from $20-$48.

*I was not compensated for this post, but was provided some samples to write this review. Every opinion is my own, honest and authentic. 

Won't you follow and share on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 

Follow B So Chic!™ Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!)

3 comments:

LaDue & Crew said...

Oh these are beautiful! Brings me back to the days of hanging out with the girlfriends and trying every shade possible, all at one time, giggling at our facial creations! The pistachio intrigues me- want!

Mercedes LaGuardia said...

Me encantan los colores eso tan vibrantes. Ya veo por que te gustan tanto. Mi imagino usandalos. Preciosura. Y los precios no estan malos.

Joi said...

I just recently went shopping for some facial products last week-end to try and hide a few age spots. Now, I see I have found some new shades that I for sure want to try. I love color and not so into Bold color, but I love these, so these will be a must try for my new "Fall" look! Can't wait and I just may sneek you a pic.

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena