Thursday, July 26, 2012

Clinique Chubby Sticks & Mascara for Fresh Summer Looks





4th hour of working up against the wall, wearing a mix of "oversized orange" and "voluptuous violet."


I wear makeup just about every day. If nothing else, the two must-haves are lip gloss and mascara. Don't leave home without it. What a genius coin. And one so fitting. My philosophy is, you just never know who you're going to meet. I've found myself ducking under my baseball cap or turning around faster than a salsa dancer and making a beeline in the other direction.

True story. 

I recently got my hands on 8 new lip balms, which are all the rave right now, by Clinique, hailing luscious on the lips. These chubby sticks are not shiny glosses that stick or long-stay lip colors for all day use. They are simply moisturizing balms that enhance bare lips or your existing color. The different colors appeal to every chica, especially those needing options and loving flirty, sexy chic makeup in her bag. I found that mixing the oversized orange with the voluptuous violet works well for my complexion. Having them at hands access just make sense, mostly when I'm lounging around, working from home and having an energetic day of calls, errands, designing and cooking. 

The mascara is the one I'll be clenching my hands around all summer. I love wearing falsies, but only when I'm on camera, so finding a mascara that offers me a close enough effect is my friend. Clinique's upcoming High Impact Extreme Volume mascara has all the elements I look for when selecting one. I swear by L'oreal's Volumous for everyday, every hour kinda deal, but this one is the one for that last minute, "I don't have time to buy or apply lashes" mascara that will elongate, thicken and cover every angle of my lashes! Boom! Can not ask for a better solution. This one is oversized so it should last longer than your standard tube. Love that. 

Chubby sticks are available now at any Clinique counter for a mere $16/each. The mascara debuts in August for $19.50. 

What are your two "Don't Leave Home Without It" makeup prods?? 


Won't you follow and share on  TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


* Chubby sticks and mascara were c/o Clinique. However, I was not compensated for this post. Products were provided for in order to write this review. Every opinion is my own, honest and authentic. 

5 comments:

Carla @ All of Me Now said...

I'm a big believer in less is more so generally I'm bare faced with a good moisturizer and lip product - either a balm or some light color. But mascara is the way to go for wanting to kick it up a notch. Totally going to check these out!

Iris Araoz said...

Those are great colors. I remember seeing a a few other shades during the holidays. I like how you can mix and match.

Elle said...

Gotta look for these! For a quick ducking out of the house to run errands look, I use mascara, always a gloss or sheer color, and a light dusting of a super light bronzer in peach/pink tones. I have very fair skin! On the cheeks and over the lids. Oh! And don't go a day without moisturizer! Your face will thank you when you hit your later years.

I just recently picked up Clinique's Black Honey Lipstick and I'm in LOVE.

Unknown said...

Elle:: Black Honey?? Say no más! I'm on it. I've been looking for more shades. I always stick to the same 3... And yes, moisturizer is so important. I've always taken it for granted until about one year ago. I def. want my face to thank me for it later!

Carla: Balms are great. I'm enjoying them more and more. I'd really like to ditch chapsticks. I hear they're not all that healthy.

Iris:: Check them out for sure. I think you'd like them. too.

Betty said...

me recuerdo cuando Clinique los saco en los año 90 por allí. Nunca los compre pero estos están súper bonitos. El rosadito me gusta mejor.

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena