Thursday, March 26, 2015

{Beauty Bloom} Defining Eye Shadow Palettes & Bronzers/Powders

 






Yes, spring is there, thank our good God, and yes soft colors and hues are begging to be worn! I'm in love with just about every spring collection most of my fave brands have rolled out. I've yet to try a single one, but when I do, I'll make sure to clue you in. But I'm also a fan of non-conventional approach to beauty and trends. While everyone else is rocking pastels and neutrals, I'm still looking at bolder, more pigmented colors. I mean, we all still have fiestas and dates to go on, right!? 

And, while the sun is still hiding but around the corner, we could all use a bit of brightening in a sexy way. Bronzers are the easy and much cheaper way to accomplish that. No fake tanning, no unhealthy baking in the sun and much more of a natural look. I've been swearing by Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 02 so much, I've gone through two in 3 months. It's sheer, clean, super light, but has a beautifully natural shimmered color with decent coverage. Used on top of my L'Oreal true match concealer creates a perfect day look. A bit of light can hit your face and you can easily feel like you're having that J. Lo glow!

But, I'm digressing! Here are some recently new palettes and bronzers/powders I'm lusting this spring for evening looks and a more sultry day look. 


Tory Burch D'Ombres a Paupiers. Love the color scheme and silky feel of the shadows in this "Catch" box. They've not creased and blend so well with each other. Not to mention the casing is just too pretty with the floral pattern. Try Wild Card and Morning Glory together! Check out the "Cat's Meow" box which I think is even better with golden espresso notes; you know me! Anything that reads espresso makes my heart flutter.

Laura Mercier Radiance Baked Body Bronzer. This is everything. Just everything. If you want to extend the pretty, sexy feel beyond your already lovely face, go with this (using their bronzer blush which I need to share, too!) to apply to your shoulders and décolletage. The gold shimmers are noticeable and last a long time. You can't go wrong this one.

Urban Decay "Smoked" Palette. This was made for haute MUAs and travelers. I've been taking this with me on recent long trips but haven't played with it enough to figure out which combination works best. Though, if you're a cult UD fan, then you know this will work. I'm feeling Loaded and Asphalt a whole lot.

Lancome Color Design Illuminatrice du Regard is for the classy lady that doesn't really have time to figure out color combinations.  These mini 3 in 1 are great for learning. The Rosy Flush and Jacaranda Bloom are fabulous colors for transition from day to night. Save the neutral palettes for really hot, steamy days when you don't even want to think about makeup!

COURRÈGES/ Estée Lauder Illuminations Face Powder. Who knew the popular beauty brand, once led by a protége of the Spanish power house, Balenciaga, would make a come back and partner up with Estée Lauder, using Kendall Jenner as their muse. Their new capsule collection "Pop-timistic" embodies a futuristic aesthetic with some 3-d elements. I'm digging the face powder --- not to wash me out like the white eyeliner may do -- rather to equalize and brighten up some of my sleepless night look I'm experiencing lately. There's a fix for everything, I swear! I'll report back on the other yumminess from this all white collection -- especially on the kabuki brush.

All are available on counters now. If not, order online is always an options.

* This an editorial in which I was provided samples to write this. All opinions are my own, true and honest! I only write about things I truly do love and think you should know about! ;) 


Follow the sexy fun on TWITTER FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena