Thursday, April 04, 2013

Macy's Spring Fashion Show... Cherry Blossom Flower Edition





(Some blogging friends: Top to Bottom: LaShaun and me; LaShaun & Monica; The girls; LaShaun, me & Xina)

One of my absolute favorite times of year in DC is early spring, exactly this week, when the cherry blossoms are just about in full bloom. The entire downtown area is laced in these lovely trees which were gifted to us by the Japanese. The city turns out and rallys around celebrations of the plush white flowers, especially the official Cherry Blossom Parade. I've never actually been to the parade, but for years have seen the massive set up and the crazy amount of people which occupy the city. It's a jovial time in DC and even us locals enjoy participating in the festivities.

Macy's even celebrated the bloom in their Cherry Blossom Flower spring fashion show last week. With the help of style expert Daisy Llewelyn, they featured the 5 essential looks for the season. Of the five showcased in a fun, 30 minute show, I found inspiration in the print trend.

Surprisingly, House of Déreon, a big line at Macy's, rocked their collection with a bold but flirty print short set. Some would shy away from wearing the entire ensemble as one but I'm having visions of the evening fetes I'd show up to.

Lace, peplum, graphic jeans (ironically, my mother had picked up for me a pair of Jessica Simpson graphic skinny's just 3 days before), and dresses were the other en trend looks. The pullover sweater were an extra feature, which I kind of just loved all the way around... I may channel my inner 21 yr old and play around with the look in sneakers. It's so me in so many ways. Sporty chic has to be one of the simplest, most complete and comfortable looks I can rock all day. The other ones... well, let's just say I've still not gotten into peplum only because my ultra short torso keeps me conscious of my waistline's appearance. Lace is great, as always and dresses, well, you can't ever go wrong with a quick, one stop look.

As fabulous as some of the fashions were, seeing some blogging friends was too fun. I had my wisdom tooth pulled that morning so I wasn't feeling 100%. Those girls know how to get me chatting away, though. Short of joining them for dinner after the show, I yapped away, explaining how badly I need a root touchup. And how that House of Dereon outfit needs to find its way into my wardrobe!

Spring is here! And yes I'll be downtown this weekend... after the exodus.

What's your favorite Spring trend? 

Won't you follow and share on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 



* Thanks for Xina PR for the invitation and amazing attention at the show. Bottom pictures c/o LaShaun of Shootie Girl
* Check out the other girls' view of the fashion show! Pretty fun! Monica, LaShaun and Ananda

0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena