Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pink & Red...Do it up on Valentine's Day




“I love pink and red together— it’s a very modern mix"
-Bobbi Brown



If you're a quasi procrastinator like me, you are scrambling trying to decide on the perfect love gift to hand to your honey tomorrow. The options are, so, well, limited. And since I've established in a  post (either here or on Flanboyant Eats) that I shy far away from the standard chocolate box, sexy panties, and even a dinner date, I dive deep into finding awesome tokens of love.

No matter what you're doing on Valentine's Day, the idea of feeling special is pretty important. I like to get dolled up and look the part of the girl behind that successful man. 

And the dolling up process finishes with a touch of sparkly sass on the puckers, a seductive scent on the neck line and love mani for him to enjoy (I've dated men that had an obsession with pretty manicures!). 

These four lovely pink and red goodies are the absolutely perfect accouterments to any ensemble you with. 

My favorite lip gloss of all time has to be Artistry's lighted stick. This is genius technology in the beauty industry. Not only is the actual gloss well-made (not sticky or gooey), but it gives us a mirror and a soft blu-ish light to make the application process fun and totally practical. The 'confetti' color is neutral with lot of sparkle and perfect to use as a top layer on a matte lip. But my fave is 'passion.' I've gone through one tube already and working on my second. It's the perfect sexy red color for carrying everywhere (like now as I travel in Wisconsin). 

If you're into bolder colors, Bobbi Brown, lip color innovator, recently launched a simple Red & Pink Collection which personifies her approach to this season's palette: deliberately mismatching lips, cheeks and nails. 

I'm loving the idea of brining bold color-blocking to our sweet spots. A strong red mani against a pretty matte pink just works. 

No coincidence the red polish is dubbed 'Valentine Red.' And the 'cherry' sheer lip gloss is wearable alone or as a nice sealing layer. 

And then, a nice and sexy perfume to top it all, is the way to catch anyone's attention. I've featured the POLO sporty collection before, but I've loving the pink one the most. It's every day wearable and has  subtle yet seductive floral tones. 

And it's pink!

Go red. Wear pink. Mix match. Sparkle on. 

For you because you love yourself first! 

Happy Valentine's Day, lovelies. 

*Artistry lip gloss avail on their site for $16. 
*Bobbi Brown nail color and lip gloss avail on counters now for $18 and $23, respectively.

Won't you follow and share on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


* I was provided with a portion of the collection to offer this review. All opinions and expressions are my own, always. 



0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena