Friday, January 18, 2013

Essie Yogaga and Fall Collections: Zen and Bold

(Gym Dandy and Skirting the Issue)



I'm runnig late. That seems to be the mantra I've been living by for the last 10 months. And then the holidays happend which made everything worse. I have so many wonderful things to share with you,  including all the lovely novelties I got  for my vanity, wardrobe and kitchen for Christmas and 3 Kings Day. 

So, I've resigned to the idea that I either have to pick up at the pace of a lear jet or take a reasonable time and share my back logged posts in an acceptable and engaging manner. 

This one for instance has been staring at me for 2 or so months now. Something always came up and I had to get that up,  but how could we not talk about trends in nail polish!?! I'll admit -- I'm not a heavy polish wearer -- but only because of the amount of cooking and working out I do. Otherwise,  I'd be a nail diva, maintaining a mani every week. I was like all through HS, getting acrylic tips, and always a French.  I got into the gels for a time or two, but didn't appeal too well. 

So, I'm back to and just going so stick to classic nail polish. Nail polish that makes statements. This time, though, I'm having way too much fun with all the seasonal and trend colors that keep coming out. I've been a fan of Essie for 10 years now and swear by a cocktail of 'Ballet Slippers' and 'Baby's Breath' for on-air appearances. The look is very natural but attractive on camera. 

When my hands aren't "modeling" I'm all about color and sass. Essie's fall collection, which rolled out in September (again, I can't keep up) has stunning colors in matte and powerful tones that go well with just about everything. I'm particularly in love with the 'Stylemnomics', 'Skirting the Issue' and  'Gym Dandy' from the "Yogaga" collection. I've rocked 'Spinning Again' on my pedi and love the bold look. 

Stylenomics (stahyl-NoM-iks), noun: opulent color that lends an upscale look without breaking the bank. There’s a sense of ease in refinement and confidence in restraint.  

If you're more into ethereal looks, go for 'Miss Fancy Pants', 'Don't Sweater It',  and anyone of the Yogaga collection (well, except for 'Spinning Again'). Those are sure hues to pair seamlessly with any look, all day, all season.

With the presidential inauguration this coming Monday, and upcoming filming for 'Dine Out', I'm thinking I'll sport something festive but demure.

Which colors do you think I should go for??! 

By the way, I've seen a few Spring colors and I can't wait to try them all! Just not ready to. You, I know doing things in their season! 


Won't you follow and share on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


* I was provided with a portion of the collection to offer this review. All opinions and expressions are my own, always. 




1 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the "Skirting The Issue" color, so pretty and great for this time of year!!!



Carsedra of:

http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena