Monday, November 22, 2010

A Quickie For TV!

I hope you really get to know me and my crazy life over time as you read my posts. I'm so tickled to be here after so long! Once you become a bit familiar with mi vida,  I think you'll be wondering why I'm even taking time to document my obsession with playing dress-up.

In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson "The sense of being perfectly well-dressed gives a feeling of tranquility that religion is powerless to bestow."

Notwithstanding the religion reference, I couldn't agree more. So, yeah, me getting dressed up and well, is important. Only thing is, I don't always have the time to put the effort into it that I'd like...

But when it comes to assignments or proposals with a major purpose, I can quickly make it happen.

This wasn't a bona fide dress up experience, as I'm wearing jeans and not the cocktail dress and evening strappy shoes that qualify quintessential party girl, but I had some direction.

The point was to be ME, every day me, with a bit of more make- up!

I got a call from a producer a few months ago. They needed head shots and tho I won't get into details here, I had to make this happen in less than 24 hours.

This is how it went back in May, even though the weather was acting like a total jerk. Fly-aways have never seen so much attention from my freshly manicured hand!

It was windy and getting ready to rain. Clearly my facial expressions math the climate: Boring.



Love black and white photography. 

And, Photoshop. 

Not the craziest about this one, but the photographer did, so I used it. 


And then the shoes. This was my profile pic on Facebook for a while.  It was about the shoes. 

It's always about the shoes!  

I got the gig which I've yet to announce so stay tuned! Smooches!

BR skinny jeans//Hannah Jo chiffon & lace blouse//BR black satin blazer//BR pavé paisley earrings//C.B. Herrera Swarovski extra long pearl necklace (my fave)//Murano glass ring found in Monaco//Vintage glass bracelets//L.A.M.B shoes

Photography by Shannon McCollum. Make up by J. Mont Studio

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Next: Photo shoot Part 1 for B So Chic! fall inventory

Follow B So Chic!™ Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marvelous.

I feel straightened already.

Who needs men, when you have Bren.

Hey, lets market that !

vanillasugarblog said...

you go girl! it's a healthy oobession to have too. i love good shoes. and to be honest i love my heels but cannot wear them as i am 5'11' BUT i adore shoes and have fabulous non-heels instead. my obsession is fancy bottled water, high thread sheets, makeup and of course designer clothes.

hunt4anarnia said...

You're really photogenic Bren so it no surprise that producers are calling! Congrats!

iakona said...

Nice outfit B!

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena